Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Virtual Teaching

There were many mixed emotions with teaching online. I was very hesitant to teach online the first time around, but it was a lot easier to do the second time around when I taught my whole group math lesson. With teaching online, it made me realize how much I missed being in the classroom setting. I truly miss working with and being around children. With teaching online, my lessons felt rushed and kind of "to the point". It was difficult for me to pretend that there were students around asking and answering questions throughout my lesson. It was a lot less nerve wrecking teaching online than in my field experience classroom, even with my first lesson taught virtually. I would have loved to have taught all of my lessons in field experience because I feel it is a completely different experience in the classroom with actual students than virtually. What I did like about teaching virtually was having two of my peers observe me teach, and observing my peers as well. It was nice hearing their feedback on where I went well and areas of improvement in my lessons and teaching. This was a true learning experience however. I now know how to accommodate lessons and virtually teach them in case I ever need to do so in my future career. I do hope that this doesn't last too long so we can all teach in an actual classroom setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment