Sunday, March 1, 2020

Week 6 -last minute changes

This was a busy Thursday for my class  since they had a long weekend coming up. The plan for the day was to follow the regular schedule in the morning which includes reading, writing and technology followed by lunch. After lunch The students had a silent party, but 4 students in my class did not go because they didn’t pay, so all of the first graders who didn’t attend went into one first grade room. The silent party was only supposed to go until 1:30, then my CT had plans to do a project for the upcoming parent day. During the party, someone decided to extend it to last until the end of the day. My CT was very concerned about getting the project done, but didn’t want to pull her class from the party. Around the last half hour of the school day my CT went to the students left behind to start them on their projects, and I offered to go help them. Those four students got their projects done. When the rest of the students came back, we rushed for the 20 minutes of dismissal time to at least get students started on their projects. The extension of the silent party really messed with my CTs plans, but we managed to help the students get a lot done in the little time that we had and this was something I was really able to be helpful with. This showed me how even with planning and a schedule things can come up that can’t be controlled and teachers need to be ready to change their plan even if it’s not ideal. I’m excited to see the finished projects next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment