Sunday, March 15, 2020

Small Group Literacy

By Elizabeth Gonzalez

Week 8


This week, I thought my small group literacy lesson on disasters. The students will be reading a chapter book next week based on actual events of the 1960 San Francisco earthquake. I decided to focus my lesson on a variety of natural disasters by reading a book called Disaster Alert! By Christine Taylor-Butler. This book discusses five different disasters which are tornadoes, floods, sinkholes, volcanoes, and bushfires. All three students participated in the discussion and learned key facts on different disasters there are in the world. All three students met their objectives. One concern I did have during my lesson plan was time. This was my first small group and I wanted to create an engaging lesson plan. I didn’t notice how fast time goes by when you are teaching. Overall, my lesson went great and I am still learning strategies in the classroom to apply next time in my lessons. 














































No comments:

Post a Comment