Friday, March 6, 2020

Week 7: Germs

Week 7
By Elizabeth Gonzalez



I started off my day feeling great, after being sick for almost three weeks. I greeted every student with a “good morning” and a smile. During the student's morning routine, the CT made an announcement on learning about germs. The CT said, “All day long, your hands touch things that have lots of tiny germs all over them. Today, we’re going to learn what we can do to keep our hands clean.” The class watched a short video on washing your hands. The video demonstrated knowledge of germs and what they can do to the body. There are many students who are out due to flu or cold. Students are not aware of when they sneeze or cough. Students are always touching one another and aren’t aware of the germs they might pass around. Therefore, it is important for young children to understand the basic concept of germs. A student had an accident during power math, he cut his finger with the paper and started to bleed. I took him to the sink to rinse his hands and after we put a bandaged. I reassured him that he is okay and to leave the bandaged alone. He responded, “We need to wash my hands because if I don’t I will pass my germs.” This made me smile because the students did observe the information that their teacher provided in the morning. Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr6GQN-z_2s

2 comments:

  1. I think teaching the students about germs is very important! This way the students can understand how important it is to wash hands and why it is important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Students learn about germs and hand washing a lot, but it is so needed. My class had a talk about germs on Thursday as well, they were told that they should wash their hands while they sing happy birthday or the alphabet in their heads to make sure that they wash for long enough. I heard a lot of singing by the sink that day. The fact that your student brought up the germs when he was bleeding and that mine were singing as they washed shows that they do care about not spreading germs, they just need a lot of reminders.

    ReplyDelete