Thursday, March 12, 2020

week 8

Kiley Rolder
March 12th, 2020
Today I taught my small group lesson. I thought m small group lesson would go completely different than it did but we can't always plan for everything. This the third week the students have had a substitute teacher so they were all pretty antsy. The substitute kept yelling at them which made things worse than they were it seemed like she had no control over them. During my small group lesson I had five students with me and in the middle of the lesson another kid who had gotten in trouble with the substitute who was supposed to sit at his desk came over and started to say I want to read, I want to read, can I read? In the middle of me speaking. I had to stop and turn to the other student and politely ask him to go sit back in his chair. This occurred another time too. The students seem to be really struggling and are starting to not listen because the substitute is just yelling at them instead of talking to them and fixing the issue it seems to be making more issues. As I said with this profession we can try to plan as much as we want but we can't expect everything to go perfectly because you never know how the students will respond exactly in this case. I tried my best to manage the issue and get back to the lesson but it also made it hard to get the students to focus while the substitute was yelling at the other children 

1 comment:

  1. In Response to Kiley,

    I experienced something similar to this last week and I am so sorry that you had to experience that this week. It is difficult to teach when someone is constantly be aggressive towards the students. I'm glad you were able to put forth your best effort to teach your small group lesson and hopefully this will not happen again.

    Thanks for Sharing,
    Caitlin Miller

    ReplyDelete