Friday, April 3, 2020

1st virtual lesson

Caitlin Kurtz
April 3, 2020

This week I taught my literacy small group prefixes. This helps students be able to see and tell the new meaning of a word when a prefix is added. I feel that these students hear and see prefix words on a daily basis and to be able to see down and realize what happens to the word when they add a prefix is a great way for students to become better readers. I believe that my lesson went really well this week. Giving the circumstances that we were not in the classroom and had to teach on the computer in our home was a eye opener. It was much different and being able to facilitate the materials you have in your house is a great way to think out of the box. For example, I used the back of wrapping paper to create a prefix poster. This was a great resource to be able to adapt too considering if we were in the real world being a teacher, we would be doing e-learning. This was a great start to be able to learn and adapt to these issues going on. 

1 comment:

  1. Caitlin, I really would have liked to see your lesson because it sounds great! I think this is such an important topic to cover and for the students to visually see how they change is great. I think this week was so different for all of us but it sounds like you adapted pretty well! I liked that you used different things such as posters and created them using the resources around you because there can be times where we have to make do with what we have.

    ReplyDelete