Saturday, April 11, 2020

Final Virtual Lesson

On Thursday I completed my final virtual lesson.  I actually really enjoyed teaching virtually.  I feel like this provided us all with the opportunity to think of our lessons from all angles, rather than focusing on the same thing we felt needed the most work, while actually teaching in a physical classroom.  For instance, I feel like I was continuously thinking about classroom management, while teaching in the classroom.  Virtual teaching allowed me to focus on improving other areas of my lesson.  While I did enjoy teaching virtually, I look forward to student teaching, where we will be able to teach in person again.  I also look forward to student teaching, because I feel like we will be able to establish more classroom management, due to our consistent presence, five days a week.  This has been a really great experience for me and I look forward to using what I learned in labs three and four throughout student teaching and my future career.

4 comments:

  1. You make a great point! Teaching virtually made me work on other things instead of focusing on my classroom management.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin, I loved watching you teach! I liked how you mentioned you were able to focus on other areas besides classroom management to improve those areas. I can't wait to get back into the classroom too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Caitlin,
    In your post you said that this virtual teaching provided us with the opportunity to think of our lessons from all angles which I agree with you. It helped me to focus more on my struggles and work on them. For instance, I struggled in questioning throughout the lesson and after reflecting and teaching virtually I have improved in this concern. I do miss being in a classroom setting but this has been a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caitlin, I loved watching you tv. You made it very realistic and you have that teacher instinct in you and I am very excited to see your journey ahead of you after this!

    ReplyDelete