Thursday, April 2, 2020

First Virtual Lesson

Rachel Sebastian
Thursday, April 2, 2020

Today was not an ordinary day as I had to teach a lesson online to absolutely no students. One of the most challenging aspects of this was not having anybody respond to me. I had to think of how students would answer and go off that. It did go a lot better than I expected and I was happy the way I taught. This does somewhat prepare me for e-learning if we ever have to do it in the future. I am very thankful for my professors making this happen so we can still get our teaching hours in. I still feel like my next lesson I have to teach on Zoom will be challenging but atleast I know it will not be as bad as I thought. I am thankful that I still get to practice my lesson planning and how to teach my lessons.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I think we can both agree that asking questions and having to give the answer to yourself is so weird to do! I was really impressed with your lesson and think you did great given the circumstances we are in. Your lesson flowed really well and was very interesting. I think being online is good practice because you never know what could happen and we can learn to be prepared for it. I think after teaching our first lesson we know what to expect. I too am so glad we are able to lesson plan and teach still I think we are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete