Monday, April 13, 2020

Virtual Lesson, Again

Okay. This week wasn't as weird as last week for sure, but I still miss the kids and much prefer them to my computer screen. Not that I got to use my computer. I actually had to use my phone because I couldn't get my computer to work. Which stunk. Ugh. Terrible.

I really am not a fan of this virus. Coronapocalypse is awful. I actually had to use my second whole group literacy lesson that I had written because I was unable to get the materials that I needed in order to teach that lesson adequately.

Overall, my teaching went really well though. I was able to find the perfect children's book within my personal library to teach a whole group lesson on drawing conclusions. I was super happy about that. For anyone who is interested, the book was called Astronaut Annie. I'll put a picture of the book below.

Anyhow, I think teaching to my dolls/stuffed animals was way less nerve wracking the second time around because I was getting used to it. I would have loved to have the experience in teaching in the classroom though. I'm not very confident with my teaching skills just yet, and I would love to improve upon them. I'm worried that had I taught this lesson in the field, the students wouldn't have responded to it very well.

There's nothing I can do about that though. At the end of the day, we get through it. Hopefully, when I get to student teaching, I can make it through.Astronaut Annie : Suzanne Slade : 9780884485230

1 comment:

  1. I observed your lesson this week, and although it was probably annoying that you had to use your phone, the quality of the video and audio actually turned out very well - better than some lessons I have observed being done with laptops. I think it is awesome that you already have your own personal library full of books for your future classroom. The book that you picked was great, and I had never heard of it before. I like that you attached the picture of the book, as well. I do not think you should be concerned that the students would not have been engaged in your lesson. If you were in front of a group of students you would have been able to cater your lesson to their needs and interests, it is just unnatural to teach to a group of silent objects. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete