Sunday, February 9, 2020

Literacy Small Group

Throughout morning instruction, I had the opportunity to facilitate a small group center activity.  Throughout this activity, students were to pick sentence starter, chose a picture of what they wanted their sentence to be about, physically build their sentence with words on a pocket chart, write that sentence on their worksheet, and then draw a picture underneath their sentence.  Students completing this activity were all at different levels of learning.  For instance, some students were writing words quickly, with little issues.  A different student needed practice spacing his words, and one other student was working on forming their letters.  I really liked being in a small group setting, I believe this provided me with a good chuck of time to realize where students were in their learning process and help to scaffold their learning from there.  This also provided me with the opportunity to differentiate instruction..  For instance, my CT suggested I work on the concept of capitalizing the beginning word of their sentences and placing punctuation at the end of their sentences with some students, while working on spacing and letter formation with other students.

No comments:

Post a Comment