Monday, February 10, 2020

Meeting the teacher

This was the week that I got to meet my CT, she’s super sweet. Because I wasn’t able to see a normal day last week, she asked me to only observe for week two so I knew how the day normally looked. It was very different from week one with the substitute.
I did notice a huge difference in how disciplined the students were with her. There were many moments of acting out with the substitute but hardly any with the classroom teacher. She is very stern with them but they clearly like her. I think that her classroom management is great. The students transitioned well between subjects and even centers which is always surprising to me. She didn’t do anything special other than give a few minute warning and then ring a bell and tell them to transition. I guess it probably took a lot of working on at first but now they respond very well to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment