Saturday, February 29, 2020

week 6

Kiley Rolder
February 29th, 2020

This week I was able to experience two days in the classroom instead of one. On Tuesday my CT allowed me to take a small reading group and work n their reading skills with them. We completed a worksheet which had them read, find certain words within the paragraph that had aw in them, write complete sentences and write down other words with the letters aw in them. It was awesome to be able t take a small reading group and work with them one on one I felt like it helped me to better understand the students. On Thursday we had a substitute teacher which meant that I would be taking more responsibility throughout the day. The students did a pretty good job of listening and adapting to me teaching and listening to both me and the substitute which can be hard sometimes. It was interesting to see the different the schedules the students had on the different days and how they reacted. On Thursdays they have more specials so on Tuesday I was able to see more teaching from my CT which helped me a lot. I am learning a lot especially having to step up when the teacher isn't there. I am finding what teaching ways work best for me and it's a great feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment