Thursday, February 20, 2020

More Responsibility

Throughout my day today, I was given more responsibility, because my CT was absent.  While I really enjoy learning from my CT, today I had the opportunity to understand what exactly my role, expectations, and responsibilities as a classroom teacher will be like, in the future.  I was able to facilitate whole-group plans, that were left by the sub, as well as lead transitional portions of the day and ensure that they were successful.  Throughout the day, I learned that students tended to have better listening ears when they knew exactly what was expected of them.  I also realized that they had better behavior when they were engaged in their learning experiences.  I feel like being direct with your instruction, clear with your learning objectives, and planning for instruction that includes student involvement are all important concepts to incorporate in one's teaching.  I'm glad I was able to practice these concepts this week.

1 comment:

  1. I think it’s great that you were given the opportunity to take charge unexpectedly. It’s our time to truly put ourselves out there and take charge in these classrooms before student teaching. You’re completely right when saying that students tend to work better when given clear and direct instructions and expectations. At the end of the day, that’s simply what many of them need to function throughout the school day and meet our expectations in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete